Catching Points - a food blog

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Pizza madness

For some reason, ever since i started WeightWatching, I've wanted a pizza more than anything, but before I never used to give them a thought. So when me and my boy finally started to overcome our bad flu we decided to make homemade pizzas.
Here's an easy and lowfat recipe for you...



Pizza dough 2 large, thin crusted pizzas. 6p each

15-18g yeast (i used a third of a swedish yeast bar and I've never tried dried yeast so do as you will)
1 dl (0,4 cups) of low fat milk
3/4 dl (0,3 cups) of water
approx 4 dl (1,7 cups) all purpose flour
a pinch of salt
1 tsp oil

Heat up the water and the milk to 37 degrees celsius (98 degrees F).
shred the yeast into a big bowl and dissolve it with a part of the liquid. mix in a pinch of salt and some of the flour. Pour in the rest of the liquid and then work in parts of the flour small parts at a time, be careful not to use to much flour, you'd rather want the dough sticky than dry. When you feel that the dough is good enough, take it out of the bowl, clean the bowl out and spread the oil on the sides of the bowl, place the dough in it (and oil the top of the dough aswell so it wont dry up). Let the dough rest under a blanket for about and hour, press it down once during that time and try to avoid any draft.
After an hour roll out two large pizzas. Add your own toppings and bake in the oven for approximetly 10 minutes.
To make sure that your pizza crust isn't all doughy underneath, heat the plate your baking it on in the oven, that way it's hot both on top and underneath. Enjoy!!!

1 Comments:

  • Hi there! Thanks for the sweet comment you left in my blog, and for adding me!

    I posted about how to figure out calories. I had started to type it here, but it became way to long for me to leave as a comment :)

    Your food looks yummy, I'm definitely subscribing.

    By Blogger Erin Eats, At 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home