Catching Points - a food blog

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Chicken with Lemon and Capers

I've been going through alot lately. Friends who just disappear, maybe expecting me to hunt them down and demand them to spend time with me, while I've been exhausted from work. And when I say exhausted I'm talking about falling asleep in front of the tv at 6 pm. A boyfriend who comes home from work just to say things aren't working anymore, without an explanation, and then 5 days later he takes it back? Sick ass! He's on probation when it comes to me heart...
The only good thing happened today. I'm officially free from my job for a whole year! Sure I'll start studying in less than a mnoth but until then I'll have all this free time... what to do, what to do...

So I'll be back here hopefully. Starting with today. And today I ate healthy. I cooked healthy. It was southbeach inspiried with added treats.



Lemon Capers Chicken serves 4
258 calories/serving

1 tbsp olive oil
2 skinless Chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
4 tsp flour
1 medium shallot
2 tbsp drained capers
1,25 dl reduced-sodium chicken broth
0,6 dl fresh lemon juice

Start with halving the chicken breasts and pounding them out to be even thickness.
Chop up the shallot.
Heat up the oil in a pan. Salt and peppar the chicken and coat them with flour.
Fry the chicken approx 2-3 mins per side. When cooked through put on serving dish. Reduce to low heat and then add the shallot and capers. Fry for a few seconds, just to get the onion a see through consistency. Add the broth and juice and bring to a boil and let it boil for a short while to thicken it.
Pour the finished sauce on the chicken and serve.

I had a sweet potato and broccoli mix with ricotta cheese with the chicken and it was really tasty. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home