Catching Points - a food blog

Sunday, April 02, 2006

My favorite cheesecake

This cheesecake never fails. It's delicious and easy to make and you'd have to do some major mistakes to ruin it.
I always make it whenever my brother comes over or has a birthday because he goes nuts about it (and usually begs me to make one on other occasions) and today the family was over to see my new appartment and because I guess they wont see me again until after my birthday (which is in 2 days).
I made my usual cheesecake but I also tried something new. I made some Martha Stewart French Almond Macaroons. Yes I'm obsessed with her recipes. Can you blame me when you see those pictures?? Mine didn't look as good but tasted real good.

Cheesecake
200 g chocolate chip cookies
75 g butter (room temperature)

750 g philadelphia cheese (natural cream cheese)
2 1/4 dl sugar
4 eggs
2 egg yolkes
4 limes

Oven on 175 degrees celsius. Mash the cookies together. Cut the butter into pieces and add it to the cookies. Mix it all together to make a nice dough. Fill the bottom of a buttered mould (with a detachable bottom) or a one time mould in aluminium. I've done both and prefer the throwable one here, because I can cut it apart and remove the cheesecake whole and solid.
Whisk the cheese until it's somewhat lucid. Add the sugar part by part mixing it in carefully and then add all the eggs and the juice of the limes. Pour the cheese mix over the cookie crumb bottom.
Take a deep oven pan and fill it halfway up with water. If you use the mould with a detachable bottom, put some aluminium over the bottom and edges (covering all parts with a crack) and then put the filled mould in the waterbath and put the pan in the oven. Bake for about 50 minutes.
This is the base recipe for the cheesecake, but adding new flavours to it is just fun! Like raspberries in the cheesemix. Yummie!!

3 Comments:

  • This is the main thing I make for my brother, too :) The boy loves his cheesecake. It looks great!

    By Blogger Erin Eats, At 12:57 AM  

  • Lexi,
    I have mailed an answer to your question about BBM - hope you get it!

    By Blogger Clivia, At 3:16 PM  

  • That cheesecake looks and sounds great..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home