Catching Points - a food blog

Monday, March 13, 2006

"American" Pancakes

I call these american pancakes because these are the thick pancakes my sister taught me when she came back from the States when I was younger.
Not only did I like these more, but they were easier to make, so now everytime I'm too short for ideas, or Elvira is over, I make "american" pancakes...
I'd love to hear an american view of these pancakes because you should know if I make them right... and ofcourse they are without any pancake mix because I want to know what's in my food...

American pancakes serves 2, 6p each
2 dl flour
2 dl yoghurt (I used one with 0,5% fat)
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder

Start with seperating the eggs. Whisk the eggwhites to a marengue like mix (you don't have to take it really that far). Mix together the other ingredients and then fold in the egg whites so the dough gets light and fluffy.
Heat a pan with some butter in it and then add about 1 dl (half a cup) of dough into the pan, have the heat on a medium. When thebubbles on the dough stop closing themselves, turn the dough over to bake the other side.


When one's done I'd eat it if I were you. I used to love to have a bit of butter on it and some sugar but that's not really healthy weight watching style so I just had these the way they were which goes done just fine aswell.
This is a perfect base for pancakes, just add sugar or chocolate chips or blueberries etc to get your favorite pancakes!

4 Comments:

  • hi darling! i've got to say that i love that you've got this food blogg. i've been thinking about it too, but i'm way to lazy. anyways. i've got recepies for you if you want inspiration. love you!
    puss & kram //.:kaos:.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:27 PM  

  • Start one...

    By Blogger Lexi, At 10:35 PM  

  • I've never had pancakes made with yogurt - I think the most common American dairy ingredient in pancakes is buttermilk, but I'm sure this is very similiar.

    Looks delicious!

    By Blogger Erin Eats, At 12:22 AM  

  • I've never understood what buttermilk is...

    By Blogger Lexi, At 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home