Catching Points - a food blog

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The best Roastbeef

This is the recipe for the juciest roastbeef.

Roastbeef 1kg
1 clove of garlic
salt
peppar
chilliflakes

Preheat the oven to 90 C. Poke little holes in the roastbeef and stuff little pieces of garlic in. Rub the roastbeef with salt, peppar and chilliflakes. Heat oil in a pan and brown the roastbeef in high heat. Then put a thermometer in the thickest part and out it into the oven until it reads 60 C. If you prefer the meat to be a bit more red then take out the roastbeef at 55 C. When it´s done in the oven wrap it in aluminumfoil and let it rest for a good 30 minutes. That way it will keep all of it´s natural juices inside.
The whole roastbeef is 26 points and can easily serve 6-8 people.

You can variy what you rub on the roastbeef and you don´t have to put garlic in it. I variy mine everytime i make it, the original recipe hade fennelseeds rubbed on it but i am not a fennel fan so i changed it.

1 Comments:

  • Hehe! I don't think your comment sounded conceited, it just sounded honest. I would LOVE to see how to make them the proper way... and... I didn't know you were Swedish! I feel dumb, but I haven't seen anything saying where you were from, so I really didn't know.

    Your roast beef looks gorgeous. I stopped eating red meat quite a few years ago, but my husband loves it so much, I'm trying to get back into learning how to make it. I'm not sure I can take on a whole beef roast, though...

    By Blogger Erin Eats, At 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home