Catching Points - a food blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Biscotti

I saw this recipe on a vegansite, I just switched the ingredients back into animalistic ingredients, not because I have to, or despise vegan products, but simply to use what I had home. This was a spur of the moment idea to try to make biscottis and not only was it easy, it was very successful!



Biscotti
½ cup (1,1 dl) butter or margarine
3/4 cup (1,7 dl) sugar
1 tbsp vanillasugar
1/3 cup (0,8 dl) milk
1 ½ tsp bakingpowder
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups (5,3 dl) flour

20 pieces of chocolate
½ cup of walnuts


Put oven on 325 F or 175 C.
Cream butter, vanillasugar and sugar. Beat in milk, baking powder and salt. Add the flour and in the end add squashed chocolate and squashed nuts.
On a greased bakingsheet shape the dough to a loaf, about 3/4 inch high and 3 inches wide. Bake in the bottom of the oven for 35 minutes.
Let the loaf cool, then cut ½ inch pieces. Put the pieces laying down (one of the wide sides up) with space between them and put them back intot he oven for atleast 5 minutes, take them out and turn them over to do the same on the other side.
Store in airtight container.
I got the whole dough to be 52 points and I got 27 LARGE pieces, so each is 2p

2 Comments:

  • How do weight watchers points work? Does it go by calories? I'm very curious! These biscotti look fantastic, I think I'll try them.

    By Blogger Erin Eats, At 8:10 PM  

  • I couldn't find any chocolate chips here in sweden... not at a short notice anyway so i used dark chocolate in a bar and used 20 of the squeres, cut into smaller pieces...

    By Blogger Lexi, At 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home