Catching Points - a food blog

Friday, February 24, 2006

Marthas Orange Chicken

So I was surfing Martha Stewarts homepage and it had a recipe on the front page that looked appetizing, problem was that I didn't have sesame oil and I didn't like oranges in food or salad, so I tweeked it to fit my own taste...



Orange Chicken serves two, 4p each

2 chicken breasts
1 large orange
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
freshly ground peppar
1 tbsp olive oil
salt


get the juice of the orange and some zest, mix it with dijon mustard and vinegar. Add salt and peppar by taste.
Cut the chicken breasts in halves and then pound them to make larger and thinner. Put the chicken in a plastic bag and add about half the orange marinade. Let it lie in it for about 1-2 hours in the fridge.
After that time fry it in a pan until both sides are nice and golden.

I used the rest of the marinade and mixed it with low fat creme fraishe as a sauce. The I fried some rice and onion in tumeric to get some nice yellow colour
and then let it boil. I also boiled some asparagus and broccoli to serve with. It was quite delicious, although I didn't think the mariande give much taste. Maybe I'll go by the recipe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home