Catching Points - a food blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Salmon and risotto

I love fish, and my most favorite fish (this might be boring) but it's Salmon. Salmon when I eat sushi, salmon when I fry fish, salmon when I make a fish stew or salad, I just love salmon.
I hadn't had fish for a very long while, and I'd also been cheating my risotto for my man by just boiling the rice instead of slowly simmering it into the consistancy that makes it a... yes you got it, a risotto.
But this time I might not have more time than normal but hte stamina, so I did it all from scratch, just hte way I like it.
My meals usually serve 4 because I make lunchboxes for the both of us.

Salmon Risotto serves 4, 7p each
4 dl aviori rice
8 dl hot water
600 g salmon
half a cauliflower head
150 g baby spinach leaves
1 onion
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
2 dl yoghurt (I used 8%)
2 tbsp caviar
chili
basil
sage
lime
salt
peppar
(any other herb you like)

Start with chopping the onion and the garlic.
Heat a wok or pan on low heat, add some oil and then the garlic, onion, spinach and rice aswell as the herbs and stir to cover all the rice in some oil and heat them a bit, also try to get the onion a bit translucent.
Add 1 dl water at a time. Make sure that the water get cooked off before adding more. (Meaning add 1 dl water, let it simmer and when it's all absorbed into the rice, add another dl of water). Keep this up until all the water is absorbed into the rice.
While you're cooking the rice, fry the salmon in a seperate pan. Choose to either have 4 filés or make alot of square pieces.
Add the parmesan to the rice and the cauliflower. When the cauliflower's just the way you like it, it's done.
I made a sauce to it all with yoghurt, some lime and the caviar.

2 Comments:

  • I don't think salmon is boring, it's my favorite, too :)

    I hate to admit it, but I've never had caviar of any sort, I need to try it, I think.

    By Blogger Erin Eats, At 12:15 AM  

  • you really do, but usually the coloured ones are just coloured with dye and nothing different from the bland white ones... still i think the tastebuds get fooled and i always feel they taste different from eachother

    By Blogger Lexi, At 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home