Catching Points - a food blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Food food food

Just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I haven't eaten... Here are some things that I've found on food blogs and tried...


ChubbyHubby's Chicken Rice which was perfect for this girl, because she loved the rice. The chilisauce became too hot but was ever soooo tasty, but the broth and chickenitself was only mediocre. Might have something to do with me stripping it off its skin...
I do understand the irony of a dish named chicken RICE and I only have photos of the chicken. Anyway, I've made the rice many times after, because it was so good.


Another hit was Debbies Cucucmber Salad. It got so well liked that it became a party treat and my sister stole the recipe. Light and yummy! Perfect for summer!!!

Vietnamese Rolls are something I've always wanted to try to make and when a perfectly simple recipe popped up I just couldn't help myself, and I'm glad I didn't. Perfect Perfect Perfect! Thanks Suyin!


The last thing that I've photographed my effort on is a ceasar salad. It sounded perfect, all I did was add some bacon to it, but for me the dressing tasted too much of dijon mustard, which with its overpowering flavour burries all other flavours. But if you read the post Aria wrote you'll understand why I had to try it...

4 Comments:

  • So good to have you back - everything looks delicious! Isn´t food blogs the best? You can find a recipe for anything and really feel motivated to try them, too.
    I saw that you are in for EBBP, glad for that! I know I promised to tell you but I was on vacation and didn´t know until Jeanne reminded me.
    Take care and keep up the good work!

    By Blogger Clivia, At 8:39 PM  

  • That's ok clivia :) I got really lucky and noticed it a day or two before it'd been too late ;)
    and aren't food blogs the best, I love to read them and try things out!!!

    By Blogger Lexi, At 12:48 PM  

  • Oh wow! thanks guys for featuring me on your entry! The vietnamese rolls look better than MINE!LOL I hope you guys liked how it tasted.

    By Blogger Su-Yin -Décorateur, At 10:25 AM  

  • Suyin they were great! Trust me some of mine fell apart but I was amazed at how easy the ricepaper was to use! :)

    By Blogger Lexi, At 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home